was founded in around 1075 by Judith, the niece of William the Conqueror. The construction of the abbey began at this time. The Abbey followed the Benedictine
rule and was populated by nuns. Sections of the buildings remain to this date and are used as a church. All that remains are a nave with three Norman bays and two later Early English
bays. The vestry was built at the same time as the later bays and has a vaulted ceiling. A free-standing bell tower is located nearby and is Norman and Perpedicular in style. The rest of the structure was destroyed after the Dissolution.